Caprese Salad With Balsamic Reduction
by Diane Clark
This tomato and Mozzarella cheese salad is so easy to make and such a wonderful way to start an Italian meal. It’s also an ideal dish to take along to a party.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Balsamic Reduction Method & Ingredients
- 250ml balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs honey
Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over a high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced – about 10 minutes. When cool, tip into a jar with a lid and keep until ready to use.
Caprese Salad Ingredients & Method
- 3 Beefsteak or large tomatoes
- 500g Buffalo Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt & ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- A few olives
- Handful of fresh rocket leaves
- Small handful of pine nuts
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange the slices of Mozzarella and tomato in layers, on a serving dish.
- Dress with rocket leaves, olives and pine nuts.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the balsamic reduction and olive oil over the dish.