Christmas “Miscellany” Quiz
by Robert Veitch
Do you know the difference between the holly and the ivy? Or mistletoe and wine? Test your wits against our festive quiz and be in with a chance of starting the New Year with one of these wonderful prizes.
- What is the name of the lightly textured sweet bread loaf containing raisins that originated in Milan and has become popular in the UK at Christmas in recent years? Panettone
- What was the title of the Tim Burton film, released in 1993 that tells the story of Jack Skellington, a resident of Halloween Town? The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Snowflakes are thought to have unique but intricate shapes, and may vary in size. But they all have one thing in common, which is the number of points or sides. How many does each snowflake have? Six
- Who was “Driving Home For Christmas” from London to his native Middlesbrough in 1986? Chris Rea
- Nine Reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh through the night sky. But which two are missing from the list? Dancer, Donner, Rudolph, Blitzen, Dasher, Prancer and Cupid. Comet and Vixen
- On the 6th day of Christmas what did my true love send to me? Six Geese a laying
- In which central London location is a Norwegian Spruce erected each December as a token of gratitude for support in WWII? Trafalgar Square
- Norfolk Black, Bronze and Broad Breasted White are all types of what? Turkey
- A festival of Nine Lessons and Carols is broadcast annually on Christmas Eve from which English city? Cambridge
- When pulling a Christmas cracker, you’re more than likely to find three things inside: A gift, a joke and what else? A Hat
- Forty years ago in Christmas 1976, Johnny Mathis had the Christmas number one single, but what was its title? When A Child is Born
- I first broadcast on Radio Luxembourg in 1968, before moving to Radio 1 a year later, where I would present the Breakfast Show. Moving into television I presented Swap Shop, Top Gear and Telly Addicts amongst other things. For thirteen years, beginning in 1986 I hosted a programme called ”… Christmas Presents” live on Christmas Day from the top of the BT Tower, which brought festive cheer to deserving causes and individuals. Who am I? Noel Edmonds
To win one of the following prizes, please email your answers to email@example.com including your name, address and telephone number by 31st December 2016.
- Prize 1: £20 gift voucher for JoJo Boutique in Cuckfield – treat yourself to some gorgeous fashions.
- Prize 2: £20 voucher for a meal of your choice at the newly refurbished The White Horse Pub in Hurstpierpoint.
- Prize 3: £75 Hamper of goodies which includes Greentea & Grapefruit Diffuser, Neroli & Rose Bodywash. From quality soap and fragrance maker Heyland & Whittle, Crawley.
Terms and conditions: The three winners will be picked at random by Sussex Living Ltd, from all entries with 12 correct answers. In the event that there are fewer than three entries with 12 correct answers, those with the most correct answers will be taken into account. Sussex Living’s decision will be final (your statutory rights remain unaffected). The winners will be informed by phone or email and have their names printed in our February 2017 issue. Our thanks go to the management at JoJo Boutique, The White Horse and Heyland & Whittle for so generously donating these quiz prizes.