Another Year Of Excellent GCSE Results From Lancing College Pupils
Following a strong performance in A Level results last week, pupils at Lancing College can celebrate a successful achievement in their GCSEs with 81% of exams taken scoring A* to B. Other highlights include:
- 57% of GSCEs taken scored A* to A and nearly 1/3 of grades were achieved at A*
- 72% of pupils scored A* or A in Maths, an increase of 6% on 2016
- Other strong performances were achieved across the Sciences with 82% achieving A* or A in Physics
- Nine pupils achieved a clean sweep of A* and As across all the subjects they took with eight gaining an A* in ten or more subjects
- 15 pupils achieved eight A*s or more
These results further reinforce Lancing’s strong reputation for consistently high academic achievement.
Commenting on the results, Dominic Oliver, Head Master, said: “Our pupils have performed exceptionally well this year, improving on results in 2016 in many areas and they should feel proud of the results that they have achieved. We are especially delighted to see further evidence of our strengths in Maths and the Sciences and this follows our excellent performance at A Level last week. Lancing’s pupils enjoy academic success whilst also experiencing the pleasures of participation and achievement across music, drama, sport and a whole host of other activities, making an amazing contribution to the wider life of both the College and the broader community. Our Senior School teaches pupils to think for themselves, to explore ideas beyond the curriculum and collaborate as rounded young men and women; these are all vital skills to enable them to thrive and flourish in the Sixth Form. Pupils, parents and staff alike have a great deal to celebrate today.”
Examples of Lancing pupils from across London And The South East
- Elian Carniel of Hove, a graduate of Lancing Prep Hove, scored a clean sweep of ten A*s at GCSE and has played county football this year as well as representing our school’s 1st XI while a Fifth Former.
- Timothy Clifford of Kensington, London, is the third of three brilliant brothers at the school. His oldest brother is now at Oxford reading Mathematics and Tim, with his brother, continue in the same sporting and academic tradition scooping 9 A*s and an A grade at GCSE.
- Hannah Eastbury of Brighton, another graduate of Lancing Prep Hove, scored a clean sweep of 10 A*s along with an A grade in an Additional Mathematics extension paper. Hannah combines her outstanding academic talent with her status as a nationally ranked swimmer.
- Sebastian Slade, a graduate of our Lancing Prep Worthing, scored an excellent 9 A*s, an A grade and an A grade in an Additional Mathematics extension paper. Seb, in addition to his academic excellence, represented Sussex at rugby this year.
- Charlie Warren, another Hove resident and graduate of Lancing Prep Hove, achieved an impressive eight A* grades and two A grades.
- Sophie Williams of Lindfield, West Sussex, achieved an excellent 9 A* grades, one A and one B grade. Sophie is, in addition to her academic excellence, an outstanding sportswoman and musician, representing the top teams in all major girls’ sports and singing in our internationally reputed choir.