Garlic And Herb Seafood Medley Shells
by Diane Clark
It is easy to forget that the best things are the simplest. This dish relies on assorted shellfish placed in scallop shells, then grilled with herb and garlic butter. What could be simpler, fresher and more tasty?
- Serves 2
- Fresh king prawns, squid, salmon and scallops (or frozen if you can’t get fresh)
- 6g butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped red pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon quarters and crusty bread to serve if desired
- For the garlic and herb butter: mix the butter, garlic, parsley and red pepper together. Make a “sausage roll”, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge until solid.
- If using frozen seafood de-frost in good time. You may not like all the seafood suggested, so just pick the ones you do like.
- Arrange the assorted seafood on the scallop shells and squeeze a little lemon juice on each shell.
- Put a slice or two from the butter roll on the fish. Place shells on a baking tray.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the baking tray under the grill for 2-3 minutes so that the butter melts and the fish is cooked. Be careful that you don’t leave it too long as the fish may shrink and become rubbery. Serve at once.
- Please don’t forget the lemon wedges and crusty bread of your choice.